Independent Study- PSY399
Dr. M. Plonsky
Last update 3/2012.
I am willing to sponsor projects that fall within my areas of interest. I am an
experimental biopsychologist interested in animal learning and behavior (especially
canines and primates), psychoactive drugs, and educational technology. You can
learn more about my interests by examining my online
To do an independent study with me, you must:
- Attend UWSP.
- Have completed at least 15 college credits.
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 (exceptions are possible).
- Be very motivated and capable of working independently.
Over the years I have sponsored various internships. Examples of the facilities involved are listed below.
- Portage County Humane Society in Plover, WI.
- Humane Animal Welfare Society in Waukesha, WI.
- Camp Bandy (K9 boarding, grooming, training, & competition facility) in Amherst Junction, WI
- PAWS With A Cause (trains dogs for mobility or hearing impaired individuals) in Grand Rapids, MI.
- Wildlife Science Center in MN (Wolves).
- Zoos (Racine County Zoo, Lake Geneva Petting Zoo, Marshfield Zoo).
- Application of Learning Theory to training of an adopted mustang (student owned a farm with a half dozen horses).