Getting bathroom behaviors under control.
A "cage" or a "wolf's den"?
Words & signals we use to communicate with dogs.
- Recalls (coming when called).
- Teach Your Dog To Sit (ABC)
- Sit, Stay, & Heel (Bark Bytes)
- The Settle Command by A. Brann
- Basic Obedience Commands by E. Caspersen
- Teaching Leave It by D. Davis
- Teaching Your Dog to Wait at Doorways by D. Davis
- The Sit Test by I. Dunbar, PhD, BVetMed, MRCVS (AKC Gazette 6-90)
- Training: Cold-Turkey 30-minute Down-Stay by J. Frasche'
- How to Command by P. Gutjens
- The Sit by P. Gutjens
- Basic Obedience: Down, Recall, & Sit by C. May
- Teaching Dog Commands including Let's Go!,
Long Down-Stay, No Bite,
Off, Say Hello,
Leave It, & Settle by B. J. Oliver, MA
- Yielding--Move It! by D. Russell
- Obedience Command List for Beginners by M. Sweeney
- Dogs Don't Know English! by J. Wall
- What's in a Name? by G. Wilkes
- When to Say "NO!" - Literally by G. Wilkes
- Never Say It Twice Twice by G. Wilkes
- Dog Training Basics: It All Starts With One Command by P. Young
- You may also wish to examine:
Collars, leashes, etc.
- Training Equipment (Bark Bytes)
- Training Equipment Q-A by A. Bunn
- Halti Headcollar Product Test Report By F. Burke
- The Problem With Head Halters by S. Clothier
- Training With the Prong Collar by S. Clothier
- Selecting Training Equipment by S. Clothier
- Training Collars (DogScouts.com)
- Schutzhund A-Frame by J. Decker
- Tools Of The Trade (Part 1) by J. Distano
- Chain Gang Blues by R. Fisher
- Prong Collar Information by J. Frasche'
- The Use of the Halter for Dogs by V. Gibbs
- Use of the Pinch Collar (Gone To The Dogs)
- Misuse of Choke Chains by D. Hawgood
- Supplies For Your Dog by C. T. Moore
- Training Equipment (Obedience Training Center Of Huntsville)
- Collar vs. Harness by B. J. Oliver, MA
- The Proper Way to Tether or Chain Your Dog by B. J. Oliver, MA
- About Doggie Doors by B. J. Oliver, MA
- Teach Your Dog to Use a Doggie Door by B. J. Oliver, MA
- A (Schutzhund) Dumbbell Tree by M. Plonsky, Ph.D.
- Tie-Down Apparatus for Teaching the Scent Discrimination by M. Plonsky, Ph.D.
- Collars & Leashes by K. Randall
- Collars: What to Wear for All Occasions! (Superdog)
- Headcollars by E. TeSelle
- Gentle Leader Tutorial by J. Tunnicliff
- Even John Wayne Used a Halter by G. Wilkes
- The Prong Collar by N. B. Woolf
- Puppy's First Collar & Leash by P. Young, LVT
- Using the Leash for Control & Leadership by P. Young, LVT
- You may also wish to examine Electronic Collars, Play, & Equipment Providers.
From simple to advanced.
Advice on how to (& how not to).
Copyright © 1996 - 2001. Page last updated 3/1/01. Comments? Contact Dr. P.