||E-mail Lists, Chat, Forums
E-mail List Info
Lists of Lists/Resources
BBS's, Chatrooms & Forums
If you know of other lists related to dog training, please send me the welcome file, sign-on instructions, and/or web page URL.
E-mail List Info
- 1st Puppy Helpline (homepage)
- AGBEH (homepage) - for discussion of aggressive behaviors.
- AGILITY-L (homepage) - the sport of agility.
- AGILEDOGS (homepage) - for the sport of agility (formerly CleanRun-L).
- ALL-K9 - for instructors & teachers.
- Animal Reinforcement Forum (homepage)
- APDT-L - Assoc. of Pet Dog Trainers.
- BITEHARD-L (homepage) - protection training.
- BPSCA - British Police & Services Canine Assoc. Forum.
- CanineAthlete (homepage) - topics include agility, obedience, schutzhund, tracking, S&R, etc.
- CLICK-L (homepage) - clicker training list (& a ClickHunt)
- Clicker Hunting List (homepage)
- Clicker Solutions (homepage) - for helping pet owners by teaching training and management techniques which are understandable and reinforcing to both human and animal.
- CLICKTRAIN - clicker training.
- DogPack (homepage) - for multiple dog families (i.e., owners of more than one dog).
- DogThink (homepage or alternate) - for using positive reinforcement to train dogs for everyday life, agility & obedience, as well as building a better relationship between people & dogs.
- DOGTRAIN - Australian list.
- Dog Behaviour (homepage) - problem solving without harsh methods.
- DOG TALES - about therapy dogs.
- Dog Trainer Hotlist (homepage)
- DTW-FORUM - Dog Training Weekly (about the UK Obedience Scene).
- EARTHDOG-SQUIRRELDOG-L (homepage)
- Ecollar_Dog_Training_Plus (homepage)
- for dog trainers that are interested in incorporating the ecollar as part of a balanced training program.
- Field Spaniel Trainer (homepage)
- HEARINGDOGS (homepage)
- HERDERS-L (homepage)
- Herding With Your Beardie E-list (homepage)
- HT-AIDEDOGS - Handler Trained Aide Dogs.
- K9 Calender (homepage)
- K9 Shrinks (homepage)
- K9 Training - for the discussion of Police K-9 Training topics (homepage)
- K-9 Training - for law enforcement officers & K-9 trainers of Police working dogs (homepage)
- K9EVENTS - announcement of canine events.
- KNPV Training (homepage)
- KNPV-PoliceDog (homepage) - for discussions on KNPV & Police dog training.
- LGD-L (homepage) - Livestock Guarding Dogs also known as Flock Guardians or Livestock Protection Dogs
- Malinois Sportdogs (homepage) for those who have Malinois & are interested in doing Schutzhund, Ring Sport or KNPV with their dogs.
- MondioRing (homepage) - a unique protection sport.
- NOSES-L (homepage or alternate - for scent hound fanciers.
- NOVICE-COMP - novice obedience competition.
- OBED-COMP - for discussion of obedience competition.
- OBED-JUDGES - Obedience Competition Judges.
- OC-ASSIST-DOGS (homepage) - operant conditioning of assistance dogs.
- OT-ADOGS - Owner Trained Assistance Dogs.
- PETTABLE-L (homepage) - for pet dog owners.
- PROTECTION-DOGS-L (homepage) - for discussions of all aspects of protection training.
- PROTRAINERS - Professional Trainers.
- PT-ATEAMS (homepage) - Partner-Trained Assistance Dog Teams.
- PUPPYRAISER-L (homepage) - for folks raising assistance dog puppies.
- Rally-Obed homepage)
- RealDogTraining (homepage) - if you use only positive motivation & do not believe in aversives or corrections, this is NOT the list for you. Reality based competition training & reliability training methods will be freely discussed.
- SAR-DOGS-L (homepage)
- SchH-OC (homepage) - for sharing ideas on training Schutzhund dogs with operant conditioning.
- Schutzhund (homepage) - dedicated to the sport of Schutzhund (i.e., obedience, tracking, & protection).
- SCHUTZHUND-L (homepage) - discussions of Schutzhund training.
- SERVICE-DOGS-L - assistance dogs.
- ShelterFundraising (homepage) - designed to be an ongoing online forum on fundraising for animal shelters, rescues & other companion animal welfare organizations.
- SIRIUS List Guidelines (homepage) - private discussion of wolf/dog hybrids
- SPT-L (homepage) - Start Puppy Training List.
- TINYTRACKERS (homepage) - tracking with dogs under 20 lbs.
- UKDOGS-L - dog issues in the UK.
- USA MEMBER (homepage) - for members of the United Schutzhund Clubs of America.
- Working Airdale Terriers (homepage)
Lists of Lists/Resources
BBS's, Chatrooms & Forums
For canine obedience instructors at all levels, canine behaviourists, & veterinarians. The purpose of the forum is to help us all become better instructors and teachers through communication and idea exchange with others.
To subscribe send a message to ALL-K9@majordomo.net
Leave the subject blank and put the words SUBSCRIBE ALL-K9 in the body of the message.
To contact the list owner, send a message to S. B. Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org
A closed list for Assoc. of Pet Dog Trainers members.
To subscribe, send a message to: MAJORDOMO@ESOSOFT.COM
With the following as in the body of the text: SUBSCRIBE APDT
To contact the list owner, send a message to: JWALTON@IAMDIGEX.NET
The British Police & Services Canine Assoc. Forum is administered by G. Grayson (UK) & David the Dogman (Spain). The object of the forum is to host an international exchange of information. The forum is therefore open to all serving and retired dog trainers worldwide, as well as dog trainers in the Security Industry, the Veterinary Profession, Behaviourists, Obedience Enthusiasts, & Working Trials Enthusiasts.
Applications to join the forum should include a name and a contact address, e-mail & homepage addresses, detail of your experience in handling dogs, and whether you are a member of any Service Dog Assoc.
To subscribe send an email to: BPSCA@MAILINGLIST.NET
If you have any problems subscribing, email David at DAVID@THEDOGMAN.NET
For discussing animal training using a conditioned reinforcer and positive reinforcement. Although most of the subscribers are dog trainers, discussing
the training of any animal species (including humans) is encouraged.
To subscribe, send a message to: MAJORDOMO@GCSTATION.NET
In the body of your message, type: SUBSCRIBE CLICKTRAIN (your e-mail address here)
To contact the list owner, send a message to: EITHNE@AVALON.NET
An Australian based list created to establish a forum where dog trainers may belong and communicate, exchange ideas and discuss topics of mutual interest such as trick training using the clicker, shy & fearful dogs, all facets of dog training and management problems using positive reinforcement.
To subscribe, go to http://www.onelist.com/subscribe/Dogtrain
A private positive-mood list based on the desire of the members to see growth in the field of Animal-Facilitated Therapy & Activities. It is also a
list where members can get support about pet loss issues.
To subscribe, send a message to: LISTSERV@LISTSERV.UIC.EDU
In the body of your message, type: SUBSCRIBE DOGTALES EmailAddress YourName
To contact the list owner, send a message to: PEACEDOG@ENTERACT.COM
DOG TRAINING WEEKLY
A list for anyone with an interest in the UK Obedience Scene: Instructors, Trainers, Show Organizers, Competitors, Behaviourists, Veterinarians and those who offer recognized seminars and courses. The purpose of this discussion forum is to help us all through communication & exchange of ideas. Feel free to open any topics dealing with obedience (e.g., running or attending shows, clubs, seminars or classes, requests for help finding judges & stewards at your next show, etc.).
The list is administered by David the Dogman (DAVID@THEDOGMAN.NET) & J. Ellen.
To join the DTW forum send an email to: DTW-FORUM@MAILINGLIST.NET with the word SUBSCRIBE in the message header.
For discussions of the issues that are unique to those people who are or have trained their own service dog for their own use. The how to's of training are the most important discussions we have here on our list, but other topics are welcome (including politics).
To subscribe, send a message to: LISTSERV@MAELSTROM.STJOHNS.EDU
In the body of your message, type: SUBSCRIBE HT-AIDEDOGS Yourname
To contact the list owner, send a message to: VINCA@U.WASHINGTON.EDU
Moderated list for the announcement of canine events such as dog shows, obedience trials, matches, hunting trials, lure coursing events, instructional seminars
on canine topics, health screening clinics & the like. It is intended as a low-noise, focused source of info about events of interest to people who participate in dog sports & to dog lovers in general. Note that subscription is not automatic, but must be processed by the list administrator.
To subscribe, send a message to: LISTPROC@TRUMPKIN.OU.EDU
In the body of your message, type: SUB K9EVENTS - YourFirstName YourLastName
To contact the list owner, send a message to: SOPER@MANVAX.CC.MANHATTAN.EDU
A place for all first time competitive dog trainers, as well
as people who are training their umpteenth Novice dog, and looking for tips.
We discuss AKC, UKC, CKC obedience.
To subscribe, send your name and email to:
and Vivian Bregman will send you an application.
For the discussion of issues relating to competitive obedience. All applications for this list are reviewed. Trainers at all levels are accepted. You will
be notified if you are accepted (since the list is limited to 400 members).
To subscribe, send a message to: email@example.com
with the following as subject: OBED-COMP Application
The body of the message should contain an explanation of why you would like to be a member of the group, past experience with obedience training (which is not a prerequisite), and what you would bring to the list in terms of contributions & discussions. Sign with your real name, so that your identity can be verified.
Listowner: Mike RIchman firstname.lastname@example.org
Private list for provisional & approved canine obedience trial judges at all levels & registries.
To subscribe, contact R. Strong at: K9OBEDTRNR@SURF-ICI.COM
Owner Trained Assistance Dogs is a list to help you (a disabled person), train a dog to help you in every day life. Many people don't realize that dogs can be trained to pull wheelchairs, pick up stuff that you drop, open and close doors, help you get undressed, balance you when you walk, and many other things. Many programs that provide assistance dogs have long waiting lists, are out of state, or charge too much money. Discussions include helping others learn how to train their dog, choosing a puppy or dog to be an A-Dog, & what to do when you're out in public and the business refuses to let you inside with your dog. Persons with program-provided dogs are welcome, so they can add new skills to their canine partner.
To join, please send an empty email to: OT-ADOGS-SUBSCRIBE@EGROUPS.COM
For professional dog trainers to discuss all forms of dog training & the profession. All disciplines are welcome. All we ask is that writers always write politely & respectfully.
To join, send a bio to Vivian Bregman
email@example.com which includes the following info:
Your Introduction will be published to the general membership of the list.
- Full Name (First & Last)
- City, State/Province, & Country
- A brief intro listing:
- Number of years training dogs.
- Breeds you own/breed/train.
- Memberships of dog related associations.
- Any specific interests.
- A statement that you are a Professional Trainer.
- A description of yourself and your interest in the list.
For discussion of topics concerning any assistance/service dogs who aid individual people in some direct way. Most work for a person who is disabled. Therefore
signal or hearing dogs, dogs trained to help the physically disabled, therapy dogs, & guide dogs are included. In fact, the only dogs not specifically
included are herding dogs, protection or guard dogs, confirmation or show dogs, obedience competition and purely pet dogs.
To subscribe, send a message to: MAJORDOMO@ACPUB.DUKE.EDU
In the body of your message, type: SUBSCRIBE SERVICE-DOGS
To contact the list owner, send a message to: SERVICE-DOGS-REQUEST@ACPUB.DUKE.EDU
For discussion of all dog related topics with regard to activities, events & members in the UK. Members from overseas are most welcomed. Confrontational
discussions about animal rights are not permitted.
To subscribe, send a message to: MAJORDOMO@ANGUS.MYSTERY.COM
In the body of your message, type: SUB UKDOGS-L
To contact the list owner, send a message to: DAVID@THEDOGMAN.NET
Page created 1/97; last update 2/7/2001. Comments? Contact Dr. P.